cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From burtonator <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: (ERROR) Javadoc can't build due to org.apache.cocoon.Defaults.
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 04:30:36 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<snip>
> > -----------------------
> >
> > uh... instead of this can we just do:
> >
> > public static final boolean LOG = Boolean.getBoolean( "@log@" );
>
> We could change the tokens to something else that didn't use '@', would
> it be ok for you?

The problem IMO is that all parsers will break on this.  When I bring
this into something like jEdit, it breaks because it can't be parsed.

The above will parse just fine.. (but it should be toBoolean( ) ).  It
would result in a string comparison but that is acceptable.

> > it would be a hack but we could at least use Javadoc! :).  BTW this is
> > breaking Alexandria.  I assume you are having Ant cleanse this code but
> > I can't have Alexandria do this so....
>
> I understand..
>
> What about
>
>  public static final boolean LOG = #log#;
>
> would this work?

-1... it will just break again sometime in the future :)

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org