cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Szymon Stasik <szymon.sta...@3dart.pl>
Subject Re: encoding, encoding, encoding...
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 04:35:04 GMT
Szymon Stasik wrote:
> plain mysql seems to be enough to get correctly encoded (eg. as-is) data
> from MySQL without aditional settings (of course I need to recompile for
> apriopriate sorting)
>
> =>
>
> there is one more encoding problem in cocoon :(

While investigating my current status is that while testing XSP (XSP
itserf is configured to use ios-8859-2 encoding) i have:

document.createTextNode("PL ok -- ±æê³ñó -- | PL not --" +
RS.getObject(1).toString()));

where:
- first part ("PL ok -- ±æê³ñó --") shows correctly in HTML
- RS is latin2 encoded (but badly interpreted under cocoon) result of
some query I had prepared.
- exactly the same query prepared in exactly same way compiled
standalone gives me correct results on the console

any ideas?

Szymon.