cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cocoon 2] removing bottenecks
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 22:20:47 GMT
David Wagner wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi encoded some thoughts as follows.
> > XML 1.1? where is it?
> >
> My mistake.  I meant XML Namespaces, Schema, and other current work.
> (I think before these projects branched off it was once called XML 1.1
> since some good XML 1.0 docs may be incompatible with XML Namespaces
> and all specifications dependent on XML Namespaces.)
>
> > What we deperately need are simple howtos about "installation" and
> > "creating a simple yet complete web site". Of course, they should be
> > targetted on Cocoon2.
> >
> I'll keep reminding my systems dude what a great idea he has to
> replace the MS IIS here at work with Apache servers.  It would not be
> easy to document how to install and use Cocoon2 until I have a chance
> or three to do so.  I could, however, edit the notes of others who
> have done this.
>
> Let me know where to start.

I will.

Pier told me to "have faith" and wait for JavaONE.

So, I'm not going to propose a release until JavaONE is over and I'll
write simple installation notes myself when trying it out.

When this is done, you'll have enough food for thought to get going, I
think.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.