cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SAP?
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 22:18:43 GMT
COFFMAN Steven wrote:

> Hey, I'm learning SAP for work. Boring as finding sand in the desert.
> While I'm supposed to learn SAP's BAPI (java, of course) would anyone be
> interested in me making an SAP Processor for Cocoon? It might keep me awake.

Sure. It might add great marketing power to the project as a whole.

Many companies use SAP and I happened to see their plan for XML support
and I laughted big time since it was SOAP-- with proprietary extentions.
Yuch.

A Cocoon processor/filter/taglib/whatever for SAP could be much easier
to work with, I think.

> While I'm on the topic, what other sources of digital information (besides
> SQL or LDAP) does a company (or government) have that might be used by
> Cocoon?

Email dude, email! I keep on saying it: if we give people email taglibs,
I'm sure Kevin will work out some JetSpeed module for that, isn't it
burtonator? :)

> iCalender? System status? Network status? EBPP? EDI?

Whatever you like, we eat it :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.