cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Szymon Stasik <szymon.sta...@3dart.pl>
Subject Re: encoding, encoding, encoding...
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 04:33:01 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2000, Szymon Stasik wrote:
>
> > I have found (and that not only me :), that to have correct encoding
> > while using xsp I have set it in the config file. However I've found one
> > more encoding problem - while using sql processor and retrieving data
> > from database (particulary MySQL) I have no possibility to use
> > apriopriate encoding :(
>
> if you retrieve the data by other methods, it is okay? i had thought that
> mysql didn't have much in the way of i18n support. can you suggest
> how i ought to address the problem?

Till now I was using mysql wit perl and have no problems with
apriopriate encoding so IMO this is a problem of driver/connection
encoding. While investigating (right now :) soruces of mm jdbc I have
found tht there is possibility to set encoding parameter but there are
no encoding actions in cocoon sql processor.

Szymon