cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSP for Cocoon2 now available
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 15:50:50 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> I had to fix some minor things and have the diffs here locally. If you
> give me your ok I commit them (don't want to tip on your toe ;-)
>
> The changes concern:
>
>    build.bar & build.sh (missing jars in classpath to build the baby)
>    adding js.jar to the lib dir
>    changing xsp.xsl to make it right for win$ users
>       new File("<xsl:value-of select="."/>"),
>       changed to
>       new File("<xsl:value-of select="translate(., '\','/')"/>"),
>    and some path correction to the cocoon.xconf and some .x?l files in
> the samples dir

Please, go ahead and fix it!

I haven't committed compiled Javascript support yet. My Rhino
version may be old, but I still require 2 jar files: "js.jar"
for runtime support and "jstools.jar" for the compiler. Hmmm... if you
adding "js.jar" was enough for the thing to
compile, then probably it already includes the compiler...
I'll have to upgrade my version.

The Rhino compiler is really cool: you can have your Js
program implement any Java interface or extend any Java
class, which comes handy for XSP. However, the resulting
compiled class has access only to public methods, so some
functionality inherited in Java must be replicated in the
XSLT logicsheet template... It works fine, nevertheless!

I've postponed multiple language support (BSF and compiled
Rhino) to focus on generalizing the code generation engine
as well as to work on a new, higher-level logicsheet
language.

ringraziamenti per il tuo aiuto, Giacomo