cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From burtonator <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: [cocoon 2] removing bottenecks
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 05:14:04 GMT
rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > As I've writte above: what is the status of the project. Since
> > weeks no checkins have been made to the cvs.
>
> That's actually my biggest fear.  I don't care who has the title of
> "project coordinator", my fear is that somebody has a whole bunch of very
> valuable changes on their hard drive which will invalidate the work of
> others once it is introduced.
>
> It is not just release early and often - it is commit early and often too.
>
> - Sam Ruby

I agree.  It is *really* important to use CVS as much as possible.  I
have "heard stories" here of people having a lot of code local and will
be commiting it down the road.  You should only do this if you *have*
to.  If you machine dies you loose the code.  There are also people who
might want to see this code.

It also makes it easy to roll back commits if you have
to.rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org