cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: First live Cocoon2 site? [cheat]
Date Mon, 22 May 2000 22:40:20 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 01:36:34PM -0400, Donald Ball wrote:
> > i vote for paul to get cvs commit access and check in his changes,
> > and then he and pier can work together to handle any merge
> > conflicts.
>
> Coo, I'm flattered :)
>
> I *believe* (Stefano: correct me if I'm wrong) that Stefano
> wants to re-write it using XLink, which makes a *LOT* of sense.

Yes.

> I was considering a similar rewrite myself, because linking
> was causing me problems in the last project I built with it.
> I'm totally up for throwing energy at that (and anything
> else that needs doing, for that matter ;) if you guys want
> me to...

I do. Totally.

I vote +1 for you getting CVS write access and help us directly. But if
you could be great if you could write an email describing how you think
Cocoon should work for static generation (let's find a better name for
this, anyway).

Then others can jump in and help with ideas and suggestions.

Don't get me wrong: it's great to have code that works, but as Ricardo
knows very well for the XSP engine for Cocoon 1.x, it becomes
frustrating when you write tons of good code and you later find out that
with better integration you could have saved three forth of it.

...yes, guys, I must tell you: the Cocoon 2.0 XSP engine is a piece of
art. It's so small and beautiful that I had to clap my hands to the man.
Ricardo rules, big time.

If you thought Cocoon 1.7.x was good, Cocoon 2.0 will blown you away :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.