cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [cocoon 2] removing bottenecks
Date Mon, 22 May 2000 14:26:04 GMT
People,

we are _clearly_ going to fail to provide a beta version release for
Cocoon2 for the end of this month. So, don't count on it.

Due to problems with Pierpaolo that clearly is not able to do the job he
volunteered for,  I'm right now proposing the election of a new Cocoon2
project coordinator.

Even if I don't have much time, I volunteer for that role, trying to
coordinate effort and provide substantial background for this project to
_happen_.

This would automatically close down the Cocoon 1.x branch, which will
remain there just and only for bugfixes, but nothing else will added to
that branch or backported from Cocoon2.

I must say I'm very disappointed by everything that happened on the
Cocoon2 branch so far, on the management side of things. (I don't have
to say anything about code, Pier, Donald and Ricardo did a great job
indeed).

But the project lacks coordination and I see forking frictions
developping in the community, along with higher expectance.

The plan is going to change:

 - alpha version for Javaone
 - beta version for ApacheCON 2000 Europe
 - final version for XMas

and I hope you all come and give us hands.

Please, place your vote and comments.

and let's get things done, damn it, instead of waiting on out butts
forever.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.