cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Xalan bug?
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 13:51:53 GMT
Since many people recently complained about my cocoon slideshow example
that were not functional, I tested it and found something puzzling. In
my stylesheet I previously used

 <xsl:apply-templates select="//section[$section]"/>

where $section is an xsl:param got from the request parameter. This
doesn't seem to work anymore since it applies the templates on _ALL_
sections, ignoring the position restriction.

I changed this to

 <xsl:apply-templates select="//section[position() = $section]"/>

and works as expected and so it does

 <xsl:apply-templates select="//section[1]"/>

so, it appears that Xalan is ignoring variable expansion in the reduced
xpath syntax.

Hope this helps.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.