cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Marketing info? Am I LAME or what? :)
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 17:15:06 GMT
Mike Pogue wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > Mike Pogue wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey, if you fire him, he can come over here, and make me some coffee... :-)
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > P.S.  In case you haven't noticed yet, I have some folks in my IBM group now
starting to
> > > work on/help out with Cocoon/FOP/PDF, ultimately as a replacement for Stylebook.
 We're
> > > primarily interested in static generation of this stuff (a la Stylebook), but
I have some
> > > ideas for how to use the dynamic stuff as well (it's a secret! :-).
> >
> > It seems I've been thrown out of Cocoon2 development. :)
>
> Not at all.  I'm just adding to your customer base!

Great :)

> > I ask Pier and he tells me: later, I have a surprise. Then here it comes
> > Mike with his IBM cavarly and has secret ideas on how to use the dynamic
> > stuff...
> >
> > "in case you haven't noticed yet", how could I know?
>
> The clue was: some of the IBM folks are asking questions on the Cocoon list!
> We're going to be a Real User of Cocoon and FOP shortly.  It's coming along nicely
> so far (faster than I expected!).  Expect to see some PDF results in the next
> couple of weeks. I think you'll be impressed (I am, and it's not done yet!).

Gee, I hate surprises!

> > also, many are working with the alpha Cocoon2 but never report anything
> > back (is it stable? then it's not an alpha anymore!)
>
> We'll certainly report any problems we find.

Awesome.

> > Pier was supposed to add the matching architecture (which takes half an
> > hour to implement, I'm sure) but never did.... hey, guys, wake up!!!!!!!
> >
> > Nothing to say about coding, but as a community coordinator Pier sucks
> > big time :)
>
> Now, now... be nice to Pier... we didn't tell him about everything that
> we were working on...  :-) :-)

Nice to Pier? no way, you should know this being his previous boss: you
have to kick him hard in his ass, otherwise he sleeps all day. Not
telling that now Federico lives with him... no, wait, I know what it is:
girls :)

Isn't it Pier? :) eh eh eh

che stronzo che sono :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.