cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <>
Subject Re: Marketing info? Am I LAME or what? :)
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 16:31:34 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Mike Pogue wrote:
> >
> > Hey, if you fire him, he can come over here, and make me some coffee... :-)
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > P.S.  In case you haven't noticed yet, I have some folks in my IBM group now starting
> > work on/help out with Cocoon/FOP/PDF, ultimately as a replacement for Stylebook.
> > primarily interested in static generation of this stuff (a la Stylebook), but I
have some
> > ideas for how to use the dynamic stuff as well (it's a secret! :-).
> It seems I've been thrown out of Cocoon2 development. :)

Not at all.  I'm just adding to your customer base!

> I ask Pier and he tells me: later, I have a surprise. Then here it comes
> Mike with his IBM cavarly and has secret ideas on how to use the dynamic
> stuff...
> "in case you haven't noticed yet", how could I know?

The clue was: some of the IBM folks are asking questions on the Cocoon list!
We're going to be a Real User of Cocoon and FOP shortly.  It's coming along nicely
so far (faster than I expected!).  Expect to see some PDF results in the next
couple of weeks. I think you'll be impressed (I am, and it's not done yet!).
> also, many are working with the alpha Cocoon2 but never report anything
> back (is it stable? then it's not an alpha anymore!)

We'll certainly report any problems we find.
> Pier was supposed to add the matching architecture (which takes half an
> hour to implement, I'm sure) but never did.... hey, guys, wake up!!!!!!!
> Nothing to say about coding, but as a community coordinator Pier sucks
> big time :)

Now, now... be nice to Pier... we didn't tell him about everything that
we were working on...  :-) :-)

View raw message