cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon changes.xml
Date Sun, 07 May 2000 21:17:18 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> ricardo@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >   + <release version="1.7.3" date="May 6 2000">
> >   +  <action dev="RR" type="update">
>
> Shouldn't that be 1.7.4-dev ? 1.7.3 was released before you committed your
> changes.

No, again, it should be

 <release version="@version@" date="@date">
 </release>

as it was already in place.

The build system always updates the latest release with automatic
information, so that we have _one_ and only one place for storying
release numbers (to avoid people messing up like this)

I know, I should document more the whole build process....

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.