cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Cocoon with Tomcat, part (n+1) ...
Date Sun, 07 May 2000 11:01:56 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> I had to make the path to the file relative to the
> context (webapps/cocoon). So my web.xml look like
>  <servlet>
>   <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
>   <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
>   <init-param>
>    <param-name>properties</param-name>
>    <param-value>WEB-INF/conf/</param-value>
>   </init-param>
>  </servlet>

Question for those tomcat users out-there (I know, I know, I should
leave my sinking jserv boat), what would be the _easiest_ way to do a
Cocoon distribution?

The use of getResource() was added to allow the configurations to be
loaded without requiring any change to both web.xml and

So, should we ship with

then in web.xml

What about WARs?

I'm wide open to suggestions on easying installation on tomcat.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.