cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon with Tomcat, part (n+1) ...
Date Sun, 07 May 2000 11:01:56 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> I had to make the path to the cocoon.properties file relative to the
> context (webapps/cocoon). So my web.xml look like

>  <servlet>
>   <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
>   <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
>   <init-param>
>    <param-name>properties</param-name>
>    <param-value>WEB-INF/conf/cocoon.properties</param-value>
>   </init-param>
>  </servlet>

Question for those tomcat users out-there (I know, I know, I should
leave my sinking jserv boat), what would be the _easiest_ way to do a
Cocoon distribution?

The use of getResource() was added to allow the configurations to be
loaded without requiring any change to both web.xml and
cocoon.properties

So, should we ship with

 /conf/cocoon.properties
 /WEB-INF/web.xml

then in web.xml

 <init-param>
  <param-name>properties</param-name>
  <param-value>conf/cocoon.properties</param-value>
 </init-param>

???

What about WARs?

I'm wide open to suggestions on easying installation on tomcat.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.