cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: it's there (ibm linux jdk1.3)
Date Thu, 04 May 2000 16:12:11 GMT
I checked on this with the Linux JVM folks at IBM, and here's what I learned:

The standard GA license for the 1.1.8 release from IBM enables a developer to include the
runtime environment and redistribute it without any termination date.

The Linux 1.3 Preview on Alphaworks *does* have a license that contains the 90 day
clause.  For a preview, they don't want developers distributing the preview (it has not
officially passed the JCK), or using it post GA (general availability, basically the
official Final Version Ship Date).

They tell me that the GA version will be made available before the 90 days runs out.   All
of IBM's GA licenses, including the Linux 1.1.8 license, do NOT contain any type of 90-day
clause.

Hope this helps!

Mike