cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: SAX Event cacheing & Generators
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 18:10:29 GMT
> Rob Parker wrote:
>
> I've been playing around with cacheing SAX Events. My motivation was
> implement something similar to the FileGenerator - without the
> overhead
> of reading/parsing a file every request.

XSP addresses this as well. It builds a Generator (java class) from the
xml file on the first request and uses that class to spit out SAX Events
for this and every following request (as long as the xml file has not
changed).

Giacomo

--
PWR Organisation & Entwicklung            Tel:   +41 (0)1 856 2202