cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@one.lv>
Subject RE: Cocoon2 Design
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 14:42:53 GMT

Well, no real difference in the traditional sense ;-)
I brought it up because Stefano was against putting logic into URL. And
the only way around this would be to put the "logic" into the POST
variables, instead of GET variables. Or maybe I misunderstood and
Stefano wasn't referring to GET variables (the ones that come after "?"
in the URL) when he was talking about URL's. Probably he was just
arguing against putting logic into path part of the URL (like Turbine
does currently). And I agree with this objection, I also don't like the
way Turbine passes parameters in the URL (seems/feels like a "hack").

Well, actually the question isn't that much GET vs. POST but more
"should there be some way to indicate the post-processing action in the
URL?". And the next question would be: "should there be a way to handle
this logic in the URL before any other processing happens?" (so that I
can change the URL to be processed on the basis of information/logic
passed).

Neeme