cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@one.lv>
Subject RE: [C2] Stylebook features
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 18:28:04 GMT

whoa! is this part of the XSLT spec or is it Stylebook specific. I mean
the ability to apply a separate stylesheet to some element (subtree of
elements) in XML document and save the results to disk or include it in
the doc, instead of the original element.

What I would like to do is to hand off the processing of tag2 to
subSheet.xsl instead of processing it within rootSheet.xsl. And after
processing, tag2 would be replaced with whatever contents come out of
transformation with subSheet.xsl:
<root stylesheet="rootSheet.xsl">
    <tag1 />
    <tag2 stylesheet="subSheet.xsl">
        <subtag1 />
    </tag2>
</root>

The example is probably very incorrect from the syntax point of view,
but hopefully you understand what I mean...

Neeme