cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@one.lv>
Subject RE: Cocoon2 in CVS?
Date Sat, 20 May 2000 18:10:39 GMT

As anybody hasn't bothered to answer my question, I'll do it myself ;-)

I found the correct information source on how to access the LATEST
cocoon CVS on http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html.

Previously I followed the links provided on http://java.apache.org, that
pointed to http://java.apache.org/main/cvs.html.
As there is some older version of cocoon also in
cvs.working-dogs.com:/products/cvs/master, then I though that this is
THE cocoon CVS.
The only thing that made me suspicious was that all the code was at
least half a year old there.
And the module name was "cocoon" instead of "xml-cocoon" and there was
no "xml-cocoon2" branch (this was also the main reason for my original
inquiry).

To avoid this confusion in the future, I would suggest following
changes:
1. In the bottom of the http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/cocoon2.html page,
there is a explanation how to check out the xml-cocoon2 branch from the
CVS. I would recommend to include there also a link to
http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html, so people know how to access the CVS.

2. On the left navigation pane on all the pages in cocoon site, there is
a link "Code Repository" that links straight to the CVS web interface
(http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/xml-cocoon/). Instead of this,
I would recommend add one more page to the site that would explain how
to access CVS and would also include a link to the web interface. It
could be something similar to http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html, only that
it would be cocoon specific information.

3. Remove the old "cocoon" module from
cvs.working-dogs.com:/products/cvs/master, this only causes confusion.
Also, include a link to http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html from
http://java.apache.org/main/cvs.html. Whom should I notify about this?
Jon Stevens?

I would love to post diffs instead of such a long letter, but the
sources/cocoon directory in "xml-site" module is empty...

Just trying to make the life easier for other newbies ;-)
Neeme