cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Jetspeed
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 11:35:32 GMT

Hi all

This is a real intresting thread. Excuse me not beeing that chatty the last days. I am way
back my
schedule. So I have to finish some project papers and specs to make real money.

Now some (hopefully) good news. One of my customers plans to build an intranet app to share
information among several project teams (he calls it a portal but IMO its a publishing site
with
some searching capabilities). He asked me for help ($$$:). The discussions are going on to
use
either Jetspeed or Cocoon. I tend to propose Cocoon because it seems more stable that Jetspeed
at
the moment and also because I've commited to contribute to the Cocoon 2 developement (witch
rocks
so much :)

The portlet stuff discussed here interest me because I think to manage personalized portals
with
Cocoon could be realy easy. As someone mentioned to get the portlet stuff out of Jetspeed
and make
a taglib/generator out of them would not be that painfull.

Giacomo [how had to go back to work and is very unpleased not having the time to stay and
talk]

=====