cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: SVG
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 21:24:59 GMT
On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 09:41:53PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> I've already written two ways of generating PNGs, it's just some some (well,
> most) browsers do not support PNGs, only JPEG and GIF.  Actually... I seem
> to recall web browsers needing support for some obscure file formats, like
> XPM.  Is this correct anyone?

Ummm.... Netscape 4 and IE 5 certainly do, and I believe some of the
older versions do too. I'm using more and more PNGs on my sites, and
we're not getting any complaints so far. Ironically, we can use GIFs
over here anyway, because the UK doesn't respect software patents
(thank god).

> > What about a taglib?
> [shudder].  Possibly...

heh.

> > > 5) GUI editor for the sitemap
> > Would be cool!
> I will!!!q  Yay Cocoon!

On a similar note, does anyone know of a decent OPEN SOURCE
XML editor, that people can use to enter data into documents
without getting too confused by the markup? The only ones I
can find are either *far* too slow, or debious in the common
sense department (one of them for example called itself an
XML editor, but was actually a templating tool.)

Luminas Ltd.