cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [cocoon 2] removing bottenecks
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 18:37:51 GMT
On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 08:11:02PM +0200, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > I wish I had a pool of writers :( but we don't.
> At least we should convince every developer to commit to the following
> rule (its the same as for the turbine developers). Every class should
> have some meaningfull javadoc comments for the class itself and for
> every public method! I think with that someone can pickup those docs and
> assemble general docs out of it.
>
> Hey, cocoon developers/commiters, your votes please ;-)

Assuming I'm a 'developer/commiter' now (!?), +severalthousand.
Personally, I now javadoc even the private stuff. I'm working on the
basis that I might well fall under a bus a week on thursday, and if
this happens, I'd rather my work was perpetuated.

> BTW: Can those javadocs be written in the dtd we use for the site docs
> (and also get the javadocs generated as usual by a 'build javadoc'?)

Wouldn't that require the XML doclet? How far did we get on that in
the end? As an aside, time to start looking to move the docs/website
over to Cocoon2? <g>

> > Nothing more that what just said: a project coordinator cannot be silent
> > or unresponsive. This is the main thing.
> Ok, I stop lurking and be responsive as much as I can (THIS IS NOT A
> COMMITMENT TO BE THE PROJECT COORDINATOR. ONLY COMMITING TO GIVE MY POOR
> KNOWLEGE AWAY TO OTHERS ::--))

Heh. If your knowladge is poor, the rest of us are in serious trouble.

Luminas Ltd.