cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <>
Subject Re: [C2] Stylebook features
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 13:23:19 GMT
On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 02:12:23PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> So, with the offline component for Cocoon 2 slowly making its way towards
> the CVS, C2 is looking more like Stylebook every day.  But, Stylebook has
> the cool image generation feature, used to generate the title and contents
> images.

Indeed it does. Alchemy (see previous post) used Perl-fu
gimp modules (eek!) to achieve much the same.

> Any ideas of what would be the cleanest way of implementing this idea in
> Cocoon 2?

I would have thought SVG is the cleanest and simplest way of
achieving that - gives you total flexibility to build the
images as you see fit, and we can serialize them to PNG
(using your code, Ross ;) until the browsers support SVG

Paul Russell                               <>
Technical Director,
Luminas Ltd.

View raw message