cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: First live Cocoon2 site? [cheat]
Date Mon, 22 May 2000 23:22:07 GMT
On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 12:40:20AM +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> But if
> you could be great if you could write an email describing how you think
> Cocoon should work for static generation (let's find a better name for
> this, anyway).

Yeah, sure. I'll knock one up tomorrow morning; it's getting kinda
late over here now.

> Don't get me wrong: it's great to have code that works, but as Ricardo
> knows very well for the XSP engine for Cocoon 1.x, it becomes
> frustrating when you write tons of good code and you later find out that
> with better integration you could have saved three forth of it.

Yeah, I know; totally agree. The offline widget was concieved while
I was still learning Cocoon, it needs a rewrite, particularly in
view of the XLink stuff we've been talking about recently.

> Ricardo rules, big time.

That he does.

> If you thought Cocoon 1.7.x was good, Cocoon 2.0 will blown you away :)

Indeed, first thing that hit me was how fast it is.

What about Cocoon3? *ducks* <grin>

Luminas Ltd.