cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: First live Cocoon2 site? [cheat]
Date Mon, 22 May 2000 21:27:17 GMT
On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 09:54:41PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> > [XLink stuff]
>
> Wouldn't that require all links to be declared using xlink?

I don't see why it would *require* you to use xlink, but you'd
get a significant advantage from doing so. It would enable you
to specify links between the source document elements rather
than having to point the link at the eventual target, for
example.

If you didn't want/need this level of functionality, you could
generate <a></a> tagsets using XSLT as usual (assuming an HTML
target, which is something I should stop assuming ;)

> Is it possible at the moment to use XML Schema
> and get all elements which inherit from xlink?  Or is this a future idea
> when the parsers catch up with the specs?

In a word, I don't know. Hey, that's three words, but you get
the idea. ;)

Luminas Ltd.