cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Stimmel <jon-li...@stimmel.net>
Subject Re: [Cocoon2] XSP 2.0 changes list
Date Mon, 22 May 2000 19:44:43 GMT
On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 08:27:34PM +0100, Paul Russell wrote:

> On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 01:58:25PM -0400, Donald Ball wrote:
> > > 6) Taglib creation kit
> > >
> > > This to simplify the creation of taglibs.
> >
> > ha! would love to see it, but i don't see it happening.
>
> Heh. Cynic ;)
>
> Stefano: What exactly did you intend this to comprise?
> I *guess* it would be kindof the XSP 'SDK'...

I'd like to see this too, but haven't actually started on it yet. I
envision a taglib processor, which could handle the processing of
multiple taglibs in a single pass of a document, and which would be
responsible for the handling of the namespaces (the few taglibs I've
seen are all hardcoded for a given namespace). Also, from what I've
seen, taglibs need to be specified in the cocoon configuration file
(at least, I think they did in cocoon1). This alone has caused me
to shy away from playing with them (since getting our ISP to make
configuration changes is rarley a pleasant experience :-/)