cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <>
Subject Re: External Entities & bundles
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 08:13:30 GMT

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 06:22:34PM -0500, Mike Engelhart wrote:
> I tried putting the entity's characters directly into the
> PropertyResourceBundle but that just comes out as "?" in my HTML.

Did you try my other suggestion of decoding the character
entities after you read them in? Basically, you'd just need
to write some code that searched through the incoming data
and looked for anything beginning with an ampersand. When
it finds one, it should look up the name of an entity in
a hash to find the unicode character number for it.

I used a simple perl script to take the entity declarations
from the w3c .ent files and build a properties file from
them. You can then read these into a Properties oject and
treat it like a hash. I'd suggest you implement this as
a class outside your XSP page and <xsp:include/> it in.

Paul Russell                               <>
Technical Director,
Luminas Ltd.

View raw message