cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/xdocs faq.xml
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 08:55:10 GMT
Sorry to be picky, but this really makes it sound like the PI should be put
in the stylesheet. I rewrite it below (and also correct grammar bugs).

stefano@locus.apache.org wrote:
>   +<faq>
>   + <answer>

>feature for XSLT
>   +  because we believe it breaks the separation of concerns and doesn't
>match the
>   +  internal Cocoon architecture.</p>
>   +  <p>On the other hand, we do understand the importance for a
>stylesheet to
>   +  specify how the content should be presented to the requesting client,
>for this
>   +  reason, Cocoon uses the <code>cocoon-format</code> processing
>instruction to
>   +  tell the engine which formatter to use to format the transformation
>output.
>   +  So, by placing:</p>
>   +  <source><![CDATA[<?cocoon-format type="text/html/loose"?>]]></source>
>   +  <p>you indicate the page containing this processing instruction
>should be
>   +  encoded and sent using the formatting properties contained in your
><code>cocoon.properties</code>
>   +  file, associated to the type <code>text/html/loose</code>. Please,
>look at the
>   +  configuration file to know more about the formatting parameters
>available.</p>
>   + </answer>
>   +</faq>
>   +
>   +<faq>

   +<faq>
   + <answer>

feature for XSLT
   +  because we believe it breaks the separation of concerns and doesn't
match the
   +  internal Cocoon architecture.</p>
   +  <p>On the other hand, we do understand the importance of
   +  specifying how the content should be presented to the requesting
client. For this
   +  reason, Cocoon uses the <code>cocoon-format</code> processing
instruction to
   +  tell the engine which formatter to use to format the transformation
output.
   +  So, by placing:</p>
   +  <source><![CDATA[<?cocoon-format type="text/html/loose"?>]]</source>
   +  <p>in the source document (rather than the stylesheet), you indicate
the page containing this processing instruction should be
   +  encoded and sent using the formatting properties contained in your
<code>cocoon.properties</code>
   +  file, associated to the type <code>text/html/loose</code>. Please look
at the
   +  configuration file to find out more about the formatting parameters
available.</p>
   + </answer>
   +</faq>
   +