cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Williams, Murray Todd" <murray_willi...@merck.com>
Subject RE: Sitemap DTD or extended samples.
Date Thu, 04 May 2000 13:49:40 GMT
Once Cocoon-1.7.3 is ready, it should take less than 30 minutes for me to
have the RPMs created.  As I said before, I've also got RPMs for Xerces-J
and Xalan-J (and Steven Coffman asked if I might pull FOP out into its own
RPM as well).  This allows one to update any of the components on the fly as
new versions become available.

All packages are build for Linux + Apache (or RedHat's Apache-based Secure
Web Server) + JServ.  My next ambitious plan might be to try and make
everything work on top of JServ OR Tomcat, but that'll take some crafty
shell-script writing.

I'm still a bit new with RPMs, and in my experience you need to place the
Source files (in the Cocoon case it would be the dist-tgz created tarball)
in a special SOURCES directory. That makes RPM building from within the
distribution directory tree tricky at best.  Let's just get
Cocoon-1.7.3-1.noarch.rpm (and Cocoon-doc-1.7.3.noarch.rpm) out the door and
I'll investigate building it inside the distribution build.sh system next,
okay?

Murray