cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Williams, Murray Todd" <murray_willi...@merck.com>
Subject RE: Sitemap DTD or extended samples.
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 13:39:20 GMT
Okay, don't take this as one of those impatient "when's it gonna be out?"
sorts of questions, but I'm also curious about the Cocoon2 progress and
sitemap. I'm the one who's been quietly maintaining Linux RPMs for Xerces,
Xalan and Cocoon. If I can squeeze out some extra time from my crazy life, I
want to try and get a head-start on building the Cocoon2 RPM. I checked out
the CVS source and have managed to build everything okay.

Before I start trying to figure out the basic installation and configuration
stuff needed to get a simple "Hello World" running with simple XML + XSLT
(no XSP yet, just the bare basics) I'm wondering things work well-enough yet
to start. I checked out the existing documentation & the sample sitemap, but
I'm not sure if the layout of cocoon.properties is the same, etc.

If things are functional to go ahead (Ie. if nobody tells me to hold off for
a bit longer) I'm going to go ahead and start developing an RPM package. I
hope this will help Linux-based people who want to get to square one (ie
"hello world") as quickly as possible without worrying about editing
.properties files, etc.

While I'm mentioning it, as of Cocoon-1.7.2-2.noarch.rpm I think all the
kinks are finally worked out. I'll have that final version uploaded to my
web server (http://grapeape.codingapes.com) tonight. Stefano, is there
anything you'd like to do with these RPMs?

Murray Todd Williams
MRL/RIS DATA WAREHOUSE PROJECT
Merck & Co., Inc.