cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject RE: DirectoryGenerator.java
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 14:42:43 GMT

  It seems odd that two method calls (setup and generate) will be
  made to process a given request, forcing the class to store
  very short-lived data at the class level. My instinct tells
  me that setup (or something similar) would only be called
  when instantiating the class (while parsing the config file)
  and request-specific data would be passed directly to generate.
[Marcelo F. Ochoa]   You have to implement the interface "Configurable" with the "setConfiguration(Configuration
conf)" method this method is called by cocoon at startup after the constructor and before
the others.

[Marcelo F. Ochoa]  Regards, Marcelo.