cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: [cocoon 2] removing bottenecks
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 10:43:53 GMT

> Where would you like FOP to be? If you mean vector graphics in PDF, FOP
has
> unapplied patches to do this (unapplied because W3C's SVG DOM
implementation
> is broken and requires custom fixes which average users can't do).
However,
> creating SVG out of spreadsheets and embedding it in XML or HTML isn't
> really FOP's deal.

Really, FOP should be a perfect SVG renderer.  It isn' which is why the
CSIRO package is used instead.

In what way is the SVG DOM broken?  I must admit to only glancing over it
and have been looking at what SVG can do.  I'll probably be working with the
SVG DOM soon, I think I'd better join the fop mailing list.

Ross Burton