cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Graeme Rimmer" <graeme.rim...@interati.co.uk>
Subject Monitor.timestamp() could be non-private??
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 16:44:09 GMT
I've only been using Cocoon for a couple of days and am trying to write my own Producer based
on a resource which is neither a File nor a URI.

I was hoping to use the Monitor class to work out if the Document has been updated.  Looking
at the source code for it, it appears that I would only have to override timestamp() to return
a meaningful timestamp for my resource and the rest would do everything I need.

Unfortunately, timestamp() is private so I can't subclass Monitor in the way I'd want.  Is
there a reason I am unaware of that timestamp() was made private??

My apologies if this should have gone to the users forum, given that I tracked down what I
wanted to do in the source code, I guessed this was the most appropriate forum for it.

Graeme