cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Washeim" <>
Subject Re: Cocoon with Tomcat, part (n+1) ...
Date Sun, 07 May 2000 16:24:21 GMT
>>Giacomo Pati wrote:
>> I had to make the path to the file relative to the
>> context (webapps/cocoon). So my web.xml look like
>>  <servlet>
>>   <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
>>   <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
>>   <init-param>
>>    <param-name>properties</param-name>
>>    <param-value>WEB-INF/conf/</param-value>
>>   </init-param>
>>  </servlet>
>Question for those tomcat users out-there (I know, I know, I should
>leave my sinking jserv boat), what would be the _easiest_ way to do a
>Cocoon distribution?
>The use of getResource() was added to allow the configurations to be
>loaded without requiring any change to both web.xml and
>So, should we ship with
> /conf/
> /WEB-INF/web.xml
>then in web.xml
> <init-param>
>  <param-name>properties</param-name>
>  <param-value>conf/</param-value>
> </init-param>

Just shipping the install.xml for tomcat which can be found in the mail
archives would be great. I had to troll through my mail archives to find it.

The web.xml should be as above, including the entire servlet element, IMHO.

Also, if you ship a WEB-INF dir, then you should, if you don't duplicate into it, add a README (or, better yet, the aforementioned

Sorry, I can't help right now. I'm still trying to get the applet for schema
based editing to you guys. We're just adding all the file system stuff which
depended on servlets into the gui and working on client change requests.

Also working on MAJOR cocoon based implementations for and Way too much to do. Sigh. Looks like I'll miss Java one
AGAIN. Damn it.

>What about WARs?
>I'm wide open to suggestions on easying installation on tomcat.
>Stefano Mazzocchi      One must still have chaos in oneself to be
>                          able to give birth to a dancing star.
><>                             Friedrich Nietzsche
> Missed us in Orlando? Make it up with ApacheCON Europe in London!

View raw message