cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Stearns <ste...@bigbrother.net>
Subject Re: Installation Troubles
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:46:38 GMT
> Okay, can you post the contents of your config files for Tomcat?
> Can you even get a standard .html file to be served up from the same
> directory as cocoon.xml?

Oh yeah, that's no problem.  I can serve up html files, jsp's the whole
nine yards.  I can even serve up the XML files, but they just end up
coming through as plain text (when I have cocoon set up to handle the
won't handle).  It only appears to be cocoon that's having issues.  As for
the config files, rather than spamming the list with all of them, here's
the useful snippets (if you need more, just let me know):

httpd.conf

Action cocoon /servlet/Cocoon
AddHandler cocoon xml

Tomcat.conf:

ApJServMount /servlet /www/tadma/docs

web.xml:

   <servlet>
     <servlet-name>Cocoon</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
     <init-param>
        <param-name>properties</param-name>
        <param-value>
           /www/server/tomcat/conf/cocoon.properties
        </param-value>
     </init-param>
   </servlet>

As for the cocoon.properties file, it's just the stock file that came with
cocoon.

---Steve