cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Stearns <ste...@bigbrother.net>
Subject Installation Troubles
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:38:26 GMT
I have been trying for some time now to get Cocoon working properly and I
have yet to be successful.  I am using Apache 1.3.12, JDK1.2.2, Tomcat 3.1
and I'm running everything on a Redhat 6.1 box.  Now, here's the problem:

If I create an XML file, and then create an XSL file for it, if I try to
access the file it just displays it as the XML rather than translating
it.  My first thought was maybe my browser or webserver was somehow just
ignoring cocoon and passing me the raw file.  But I don't believe this is
the case because if I remove that xml handler in the httpd.conf the data
comes back as a type that my browser doesn't know how to handle (since
Netscape 4.7 doesn't understand XML).

Now, if I try to just load /Cocoon.xml I find that I get a 404 error
(although it appears to be generated by Cocoon itself since it isn't using
my customized 404 message page).

If I try to load /servlet/Cocoon, I can see an error that is generated by
Cocoon (I can see its version number and everything).  The error generated
is that it cannot find the file /docpath/Cocoon.  Out of curiosity I tried
just putting a file called Cocoon there and then I get complaints about it
not beind a properly formatted XML file.

So, what am I doing wrong?

---Steve