cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "David I. Lehn" <dl...@vt.edu>
Subject XSP code namespace & sql taglib
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 03:47:02 GMT
I just updated Cocoon from CVS.  sql.xsl version 1.7 adds some
exception catching code while creating max_rows and skip_rows.  It hit
a namespace problem for me in the generated code.  The exceptions are
defined "Exception e" which conflicts with "Enumeration e" declared
earlier on my page.  I'm not sure what to do other than rename my
pages variables.

I think the proper solution to this is to move that max_rows and
skip_rows code into XSPSQLLibrary.processQuery() which would avoid all
problems.

In the future with the whole world using taglibs <grin> it could get
frustrating if one XSP taglib declares variables that another XSP
tablib from a different author uses too.  I'm not sure there is a
solution to this other than recommending taglibs try to avoid this
situation.

-dave
---
David I. Lehn <dlehn@vt.edu>  | http://www.corepower.com/~dlehn/