cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0: proposed battleplan
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 05:35:50 GMT
On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > Donald Ball wrote:

> > > But doing it before, the XML parser gets to do it internally. Doing it
> > > after, we have to construct the DOM from SAX events. I reckon the former
> > > would be faster... should I do some tests?
> >
> > It seems to me Donald has a point here.
>
> So, what should we do? Abandon the whole new architecture to create a
> new mixed DOM/SAX mode???

HELL no. The horse is DEAD. The only thing I had even THOUGHT about
wanting was the _OPTION_ to ask a parser component for a DOM object
instead of SAX events. But it's not worth fighting about. It's not even
worth another post. We have now collectively wasted more time than we
could have saved with this small potential optimization. C'e la vie.

- donald