cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0: proposed battleplan
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:50:19 GMT
On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
> >
> > Great job, Pier. Sorry I've been rather absent recently, I've been
> > learning all about linux virtual server services. whee.
>
> SHIT... I lost basically all this week moving from one apartment to
> another and in my Dentist' waiting room....
> And now I have 2000 emails to read.... :(
>
> > I was, and am, working on an XInclude Filter... I think it's likely to be
> > useful enough to merit inclusion in the main engine.
>
> Yep... That would be nice...
>
> > Currently I'm trying to figure out if one can do xpath with SAX or if
> > I need to build a DOM tree if the xinclude's xpointer includes an xpath
> > expression.
>
> Depending on the XPATH expression you might (or might not) have to build
> the DOM...

Yeah, I sent you a post in another email about this. Just in case you
don't manage to catch it... I think we need to add a method to the cocoon2
parser interface so that I can get a DOM object instead of SAX events if
necessary. Okay?

> > The generic SQL filter is already checked into CVS and works quite
> > nicely.
>
> I noticed it... Too bad I don't have a SQL-aware database engine to try
> it with... MySQL for Windows? I'll give it a shot...

there's a text-file JDBC driver available, you know... dunno if it's any
good...

- donald