cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject caching problem - more data
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 06:55:39 GMT
First of all, I explicitly disable the cocoon cache, so the only "caching"
is done by the MemoryStore object by the XSLTProcessor object. I have
three files:

foo.xml
foo.xsl
foo2.xsl

in a two stage pipeline. I added debugging code to XSLTProcessor to tell
me when it's getting stylesheets from the store and when it's putting them
into the store.

request 1:
  foo.xsl is put into store
  foo2.xsl is put into store
request 2:
  foo.xsl is retrieved from store
  foo2.xsl is retrieved from store
request 3:
  foo.xsl is retrieved from store
  foo2.xsl is retrieved from store
modify foo2.xsl
request 4:
  foo.xsl is put into store (??)
  foo2.xsl is put into store
request 5:
  foo.xsl is put into store (???)
  foo2.xsl is put into store (???)
request 6:
  foo.xsl is put into store (????)
  foo2.xsl is put into store (????)

So I haven't managed to intentionally make it erroneously retrieve from
the store after a modify, but I have made it do something wrong. Stefano,
Michel, can y'all look into the MemoryStore and/or the XSLTProcessor to
see if you can figure out why it's doing this?

- donald