cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: problems with the cocoon cache
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:43:25 GMT
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
> >
> > I'm running into an instance where cocoon caches a stylesheet and refuses
> > to ever reload it, even after it's been changed on disk. I'm trying to
> > figure out when and why this occurs - has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Yes, it happened to me yesterday when I was doing a two-transformation
> pipeline and changing the second.
>
> > If
> > so, what "funky" things are you doing in your page? mine is funky since
> > the original xml files passes through three transformations - one XSLT,
> > one XSP, and a final XSLT, before being formatted - it's the final XSLT
> > stylesheet that's refusing to leave the cache.
>
> Same here.... but it's random, it went away and I thought I forgot to
> save.... Hmmmm, I can't see why this shouldn't work, anyway.

That was my thought at first, but I've damn sure verified that the second
stylesheet _has_ been saved to disk, that the filesystem time agrees with
the system time, and that the the file's last modified time is greater
than it was before the save. I haven't looked at the cocoon cache code
since, oh, cocoon-1.2 or so, guess it's time to do so again. Was your two
stage transformation initiated by an XSP page or a normally generated
page?

- donald