cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Image Serializers
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:46:28 GMT
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> > Concrete implementations of this interface are responsible for taking a
> > BufferedImage and outputing it to an OutputStream.  A JPEG implementation is
> > trivial, as the JDK comes with a JPEG codec.  PNG's are also fairly easy as
> > there is a Java package called PNGEncoder which is under the LGPL.
>
> Is there a BSD alternative to that?

What in the world is wrong with the LGPL? code that links against it can
have any license whatsoever, we just have to release any modifications we
might make to the original library under the LGPL. As viral licenses go, I
think LGPL is a good one and we shouldn't hesitate to rely on packages
released under it.

- donald