cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Playing with Cocoon 2
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:05:19 GMT
On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Ross Burton wrote:

> Anyway, back to the point of this.  I managed to get my own generator
> running which displays the page "<status></status>", which is a start.  I
> then hunted through the component manager interfaces but could not find
> anything to get an enumeration over all of the loaded components.  Is there
> a method I am missing totally or shall I add it and mail the patches?

I'm running into a similar problem with my XIncludeFilter. How do I get a
reference to the sitemap's parser (so I don't hard code xerces in)? If
Filters or SitemapComponents had access to the ComponentManager object,
I'd be set, but they don't. Would it be better to add a
setComponentManager method to Filter, add it to SitemapComponent, add it
as a fifth argument to the SitemapComponent setup method, or something
else entirely?

For your problem, I'd reckon that ComponentManager oughta be enhanced with

Enumeration getComponentNames()

method.

- donald