cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Image Serializers
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:47:06 GMT

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> You failed to see that if an object implements _both_ ImageEncoder and
> Configurable is able to perform image encoding and have configurable
> properties.

No, but that is configuration; I was more concerned by behavour at run
time. And am not convinced that a pure config interface is the solution to
that as their might well be other interaction in the publication path; say
for attaching a digital kiddie-safe seal or on the fly conversion to some
PDA b&w safe pixmap.

> The JavaBean pattern might be good for automatic introspection (IDEs, or
> Ant-like XML mapping), but Cocoon never uses the JavaBean pattern (and
> people never seemed to be missing it!)

Thus ?

Dw