cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Licenses (was Re: Image Serializers)
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:45:33 GMT

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Robin Green wrote:

> In fact, even GPLed code can have proprietary mods if they are not
> _distributed_ - or if Linus Torvalds makes a legally-dubious exception! ;)

Which is something I do not want the ASF to get into. A licence is a licence.

> >As Donald said, you are allowed to link/use/integrate
> >code under the LPGL without affecting any other code of the same project.
>
> That's my understanding too - only the files containing the original code
> must be LGPLed. That's the key feature which differentiates the Lesser GPL
> from the GPL itself, which requires all code linked to it to be also GPLed -
> if distributed.

The code we are discussing here is under the GPL.

This directly affects our ability to distribute that code together with
that code under the apache licence.

At this moment in time I personally think that that makes this code out of
bound for deep integraton with cocoon. Unfortunate, but truly my opinion.

Dw