cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0: proposed battleplan
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2000 05:14:04 GMT

Hey Sam, I am in the process of doing a fairly radical reworking of the
Xalan code for 1.1.0, which includes separation of the extension mechanism
code into a seperate package.  If you guys are working on extensions for
XSP, couldn't we do a single extension mechanism which both Xalan and XSP
could use??  I would love to get the extension code out of the main Xalan
package, and just point somewhere.  Also, I think users would really
benefit from having a single calling convention.  In practice this may be
hard, but I thought I'd raise the issue.  Interested in your thoughts.

                    com                  To:
                                         cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    04/14/2000           Subject:     Re: Cocoon 2.0: proposed battleplan
                    11:05 PM
                    respond to

Pier wrote:
> Here comes the scary part... Since we cannot compile into Java bytecode
> EVERY language, then, how can we mix an XSP wich is half compiled and
> half interpreted???

The intermediate form (a.k.a. Java source) will be of the form:

  java; java; java; bsf.exec("perl"); java; java; java;

All of which will be compiled.

- Sam Ruby

View raw message