cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon2: HTML pretty printing.
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:04:47 GMT

> In fact, we are creating the TRaX API for these exact reasons (see
> www.openxml.org)

Actually, try http://trax.openxml.org/.  The www.openxml.org doesn't have a
link to TRaX.

-scott

                    Stefano

                    Mazzocchi            To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    <stefano@apac        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    he.org>              Subject:     Re: Cocoon2: HTML pretty printing.

                    04/25/2000

                    06:30 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> Paul Russell wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 11:13:54PM +0100, Robin Green wrote:
> > > Paul Russell <Paul.Russell@uea.ac.uk>
> > >
> > > I am. I think Xerces can already do it with a simple one-line option
setting
> > > (just in case you didn't know).
> >
> > yeah, it certainly does in cocoon 1.x. The current HTML serializer
> > for cocoon2 doesn't use Xerces though - anyone know why?
>
> I would advocate against using anything Xerces- or otherwise-specific.
> The whole idea of Cocoon is we don't tie you to a specific parser.
> Pretty printing is simple enough to do without resorting to eliminating
> lots of parsers from being able to do it.
>
> -1 on ever seeing:
>
> import org.apache.xerces.[anything];
>
> in code.  I would have to see a /really/ good reason to change my mind
> on this.

In fact, we are creating the TRaX API for these exact reasons (see
www.openxml.org)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.