cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Stiefel" <jim.stie...@cubus.net>
Subject RE: MS Word Producer
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 21:54:01 GMT
FWIW,  Word 2K does sort of save as XML,  though I'd have to say it's a
pretty bizarre dialect.
When you "Save as a Web Page" it generates an HTML file that is somewhat
XML,  though sorely missing the mark when it comes to conformance to the
specification (in line with typical MS tactics).  For starters,  it
lacks <?xml version="1.0"?>.  I've attached a copy of what it generates
for a simple file containing the text "This is just a test."