cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerard van Enk" <gerard.van....@eo.nl>
Subject RE: [RT] latest wonderings around W3C land and surroundings
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2000 12:57:14 GMT
> Gerard van Enk wrote:
> >
> > I saw today there's a XForms Requirements Working Draft....I
> hope there will
> > be a XForms WD soon, but we'll have to wait.......But it looks
> promising. I
> > hope it's on time to make it in Cocoon2.
>
> Care to explain ??? What's XForms (URL?)

Sorry forgotten.......<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-forms-req>. It's only a
Requirements document.

<fragment of xhmtl-forms-req>
Forms were introduced into HTML in 1993 and have proven to be a valuable
part of many Web
pages. The experience of the last few years has led to demands for
improvements to HTML forms. XForms are a major revision of HTML Forms. Key
goals for the next generation of web forms include ease of migration,
improved interoperability and accessibility, enhanced client/server
interaction, advanced forms logic, support for internationalization and
greater flexibility in presentation.
</fragment of xhmtl-forms-req>

For more info see the document.

Gerard