cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject RE: Project Coordination
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 09:17:19 GMT

On 6/4/00 at 11:23 pm, gerard.van.enk@eo.nl (Gerard van Enk) wrote:

>D)
>4) XForms whenever the specs will be ready
>5) XLink???

It is my understanding that XForms is meant to be a client-side as well as server-side technology,
meaning that browsers will have to support the spec for it to be usable.

It seems to me that we can and should get on with a solution now, that will provide XML markup
for defining the rendering and handling of forms, outputing to standard HTML.

In short, an xml:form TagLib for Cocoon!

I have been working on such a beast, but to be honest, I am in a bit over my depth! I think
I have a reasonable idea of the "problem" (I've done something similar before in a different
environment) but my Java coding ability is not great (never programmed DOM for instance) and
I just don't understand XSP well enough yet.

If anyone is interested in discussing this, please let me know.

regards Jeremy

      Jeremy Quinn                                             media.demon
                                                           webSpace Design
     <mailto:jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>       <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
      <phone:+44.[0].207.737.6831>          <pager:jermq@sms.genie.co.uk>